Last Updated: 2021-03-16
Welcome to www.loadly.ai (the “Platform”) hosted by Loadly Inc. (“Loadly”, “we”, “our”, or “us”). We maintain the Platform to connect companies looking to ship goods (“Shippers”) with independent trucking companies (“Carriers”). The Platform facilitates an online bidding process whereby Carriers can bid on shipping opportunities posted by Shippers (each, a “Shipping Opportunity”).
By visiting our Platform, registering and using our Platform, or otherwise interacting with us, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information by Loadly in accordance with the terms of and for the purposes set out in this Policy.
This Policy covers the following:
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Collect Personal Information
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- How We Use Personal Information
- How We Share Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Storage and Protection of Personal Information
- Access and Correction of Personal Information
- Your Choices With Respect to Personal Information
- Links to Other Websites
- Questions and Complaints
- Changes to This Policy
1. Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” means any information, recorded in any form, about an identifiable individual or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from such information. “Personal Information” may or may not include business contact information, depending on the jurisdiction. This Policy does not cover anonymized aggregated data from which the identity of an individual cannot be determined. Loadly reserves the right to collect, aggregate, and use anonymized information. We may also create de-identified and anonymized information from the Personal Information we collect and hold.
We may collect the following Personal Information when you visit our Platform:
We obtain certain information about your visit and use our Platform. Certain information (such as cookies, described below) may be transmitted by our web server to your computer. Specific types of usage information that may be collected automatically include: information about how, when and where you visit our Platform; the hardware and software you use to interact with our Platform; your device identifier; your mobile network information; the settings you use on our services; your network location; your IP address; and information about the webpages you visited prior to coming to our Platform.
In addition to the above automatically-collected information, we may collect the following Personal Information when you register for use of our Platform:
- As part of Loadly’s due diligence and Carrier-vetting process, before Carrier is permitted access to and allowed place a bid on the Platform, Loadly will conduct background checks for all Carrier’s drivers, such background checks being limited to a review of the driving records of all drivers. Drivers must agree to execute the necessary consent forms (to be provided by Loadly) which shall permit Loadly to review all driving records. Personal Information collected during this process includes: first and last name, address, telephone number, and driver’s licence.
- Each Shipper will also be vetted prior to registration for our Platform. Shipper accounts may have multiple authorized users, and each user will be required to provide their contact information such as name, email, and telephone number.
2. How We Collect Personal Information
Loadly only collects Personal Information for purposes that would be considered reasonable in the circumstances and only such information as is required for the purposes of providing our Platform. We use only fair and lawful methods to collect Personal Information.
Regarding our collection of Personal Information through driver background checks, we recognize that we are collecting and processing sensitive personal information. Accordingly, in order to obtain your express consent: (1) Loadly will provide a form of consent to Carriers for drivers to execute in order to release/provide this information to Loadly, and (2) Carrier’s will provide a copy of such executed form to Loadly.
In most cases and subject to legal and contractual restrictions, you are free to refuse or withdraw your consent at any time upon reasonable, advance notice. Consent cannot be withdrawn retroactively.
It should be noted that in certain circumstances, our Platform can only be offered if you provide us with your Personal Information (i.e., driver background checks). Consequently, if you choose not provide us with the required Personal Information, we may not be able to offer you the services available on our Platform. We will inform you of the consequences of the withdrawal of consent.
3. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Opt-Out: If you are concerned about cookies, most browsers permit individuals to decline cookies. To learn how you may be able to reduce the number of cookies you receive from us, or disable cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder, please refer to your browser’s help menu or other instructions related to your browser. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browsers. Note that while declining cookies may negatively affect your user experience on our Platform, it will not prevent us from transacting with you.
Our Platform also uses Google Analytics. Google Analytics allows us to analyze and enhance user experience by better understanding how you interact with our Platform. For more information on how Google Analytics collects and processes information, as well as how you can control the information sent to Google, please review Google’s site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Google Analytics also uses “cookies” to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The anonymous information generated by Google Analytics cookies about your use of our Platform (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google and compiled into aggregated statistical reports that are used by Loadly to optimize Platform content. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products (i.e. the Google Analytics cookies) by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences.
4. How We Use Personal Information
Loadly may use the data collected from Platform visitors and users, including Personal Information, in order to:
- provide you with our services, and the use of our Platform;
- complete transactions;
- provide you with support and handle inquiries;
- improve the quality and functionality of the Platform, enhance your experience, create new services (including customized services), change/cancel existing content and services, or for statistical purposes;
- present you relevant content, marketing materials and advertisements, by analyzing your interests from the web pages you visit and online services that you use;
- communicate with you about our services, including updates or newsletters;
- carry out promotions;
- deliver content that may be of interest to you;
- ensure that our Platform remains functioning and secure;
- investigate, prevent or act on any illegal activities or violations of our Terms and Conditions; and comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies as required.
We use the Personal Information collected during driver background checks to verify that Carrier’s are using only qualified and properly licensed drivers.
We may collect, or aggregate, anonymous information that does not identify any particular user. We may also create such de-identified and anonymous information from Personal Information we collect and hold. We may use and share, publish, post, disseminate, transmit or otherwise communicate or make available such de-identified and aggregated information, to suppliers, business partners, sponsors, affiliates and any other third party, at our sole discretion.
Our use of Personal Information is limited to the purposes described in this Policy. We do not otherwise sell, trade, barter, exchange or disclose for consideration any Personal Information we have obtained.
5. How We Share Personal Information
Loadly may disclose the data collected from visitors and Platform users, including Personal Information, to the following parties:
- individuals or organizations who are our advisers or consultants;
- our payment provider Stripe (https://stripe.com/en-ca/privac y) for the purposes of completing transactions with respect to our products and services;
- the following advertising, marketing and analytics service providers:
- other service providers, including individuals or organizations who are, or may be, involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our systems, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading of our computer systems.
6. Retention of Personal Information
We keep your Personal Information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected. The length of time we retain information varies, depending on the purpose for which it was collected and the nature of the information. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us but it will be only for so long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise at a later date. As such, we may keep your account information after the termination of your account.
When your Personal Information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected, we will destroy, delete, erase or convert it into an anonymous form. If we learn that we have unintentionally stored personal information (e.g., if we become aware that a URL that we store contains personal information), we will use commercially reasonable efforts to anonymize or purge this information.
7. Storage and Protection of Personal Information
The Personal Information we collect is generally stored in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, on cloud servers hosted and secured by Google, LLC. This Personal Information may also, whenever necessary, be transferred to and processed by service providers in a country outside of Canada. Any such transfer of your Personal Information will be carried out in compliance with applicable laws and without undermining your statutory rights. Information stored or processed in other countries may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those countries according to laws in those countries.
We employ standard physical, technical and organizational security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information in an effort to protect information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. We further seek to protect Personal Information by restricting access to it to those employees that require access to the information in order to provide our services and Platform.
Note that no internet connection, network or electronic transmission is 100% secure, and therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
8. Access and Correction of Personal Information
Loadly seeks to ensure that any Personal Information provided and in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use that information. If we become aware that Personal Information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, we will seek your assistance in revising the Personal Information and, if necessary, use best efforts to inform third party service providers or contractors which were provided with inaccurate information so that those third parties may also correct their records.
Loadly permits the reasonable right of access and review of Personal Information held by us about an individual and will endeavour to provide the information in question within a reasonable time, generally no later than 30 days following the request. To guard against fraudulent requests for access, we may require sufficient information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is authorized to do so before granting access or making corrections.
9. Your Choices With Respect to Personal Information
Depending on your use of our Platform, your choices may include the following:
- Cookies Settings and Preferences. You may disable cookies and other tracking technologies through the settings in your browser. While doing so may negatively affect your experience with the use of our Platform, it will not prevent us from transacting with you.
- Marketing e-mails. You may sign up for our mailing lists in order to receive promotional and other materials that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive marketing e-mails from us, you may choose to unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our emails or by contacting us at [email protected]
- Push Notifications: We use push notifications as part of our exclusive chat functionality to enable start-to-finish delivery visibility. Carriers and Shippers may disable push notifications through the platforms settings.
- Opt-Outs. You may contact us to opt-out of the use or sharing of your Personal Information, including for marketing or advertising purposes, and/or the provision of your personal information to our business partners for such purposes.
- Online Behavioural Advertising. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products (i.e. the Google Analytics cookies) by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences.
10. Links to other websites
We may provide links to, or automatically produce search results for, third-party websites or resources, or third-party information referencing or linking to third-party websites or resources. Loadly has no control over such third-party websites and resources, and you acknowledge and agree that Loadly is not responsible for the content or information contained therein. When you follow such a link, you are no longer protected by our Policy, and we encourage you to read the privacy statements or other disclaimers of such other parties. Loadly is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of external websites, services or products.
11. Questions and Complaints
7 Keys Way, K1G4M4
If we are unable to resolve your privacy concerns, you have the right to complain to the Offic e of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. You may also direct your inquiry/complaint to the relevant Information and Privacy Commissioner in your jurisdiction of residence.
12. Changes to This Policy